This series contains the 4060, 4061, 4062, 4063 and 4071 Omni Miniature Mics. Each version is tailored towards a specific application based on sensitivity, voltage and placement needs. They are all based on the original d:screet 4060, the very first miniature microphone developed by DPA from the best technology previously only used in hearing aids and measurement microphones. All of the mics in the series share important basic features, but each is optimized for particular applications.
The series was developed to withstand the toughest of conditions. They contain a 5.4 mm diameter pre-polarized condenser element with a vertical diaphragm. This unique, double vent protection system makes the mics greatly resistant to humidity and sweat. These mics are also designed with a Kevlar-reinforced cable relief, which is built to withstand the constant twists, bends and pulls that are part of the everyday use in harsh environments.
The acoustic response of the d:screetT 4060 Series can be modified by selecting the correct grid for the job. Two grids are supplied with each microphone (not the d:screetT 4071, which includes a fixed grid). The pre-fitted Soft Boost Grid gives a 3 dB soft boost at 8-20 kHz. It should be used when the microphone is mounted on the performer’s head as well as in most other applications where you need a natural-sounding microphone. When fitted, the High Boost Grid introduces a 10 dB soft boost around 12 kHz for applications where the microphones chest-placement is preferred. Both of these grids are made of anodized stainless steel, giving a tough and scratch resistant surface. They can be detached from the microphone and cleaned of sweat, makeup, etc.
This microphone is acoustically identical to the d:screet 4060 Miniature Omnidirectional Microphone, Normal SPL, but its sensitivity is adjusted to accommodate higher sound pressure levels (SPLs). The d:screet 4061 Miniature Omnidirectional Microphone, High SPL can handle SPL up to 144 dB peak before clipping, making it one of the best miniatures for use on very loud sound sources, such as some instruments and human voices.
In comparison, the d:screet 4061 is about 10 dB less sensitive than the d:screet 4060 and therefore works well when used for hidden applications, for example mounted on the head or forehead of a theater performer. In this placement, the sound pressure level is about 10 dB louder than what you encounter with chest placement (lapel microphone). This mic is available in four colors: black, brown, beige and white. An even more robust, heavy-duty version is also available.
- exceptional audio quality
- uniform, consistent sound between DPA mics
- extremely rugged and reliable
- diminutive size made for flexible and easy concealment
- large selection of clips, windscreens, grids and other accessories
- modular adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- 4061-OC-C omni-directional microphone
- 1x DUA-6005 soft boost grid
- 1x DUA-6006 high boost grid
- directional pattern: omnidirectional
- principle of operation: pressure
- cartridge type: pre-polarized condenser
- frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz
- frequency range, +/-2dB: soft boost grid (20Hz-20kHz), 3 dB soft boost at 8-20kHz, high boost grid (20Hz-20kHz), 10 dB boost at 12kHz
- sensitivity, nominal, +/-3dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa, -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- equivalent noise level, A-weighted: typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 Pa (max. 28 dB(A))
- equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): typ. 68 dB(A)
- total harmonic distortion (THD)-Legacy: <1% THD up to 123dB SPL peak, <1% THD up to 120dB SPL RMS sine
- total harmonic distortion (THD)-CORE: <1% THD up to 137dB SPL peak
- dynamic range-Legacy: typ. 97dB
- dynamic range-CORE: typ. 111 dB
- max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- output impedance: 30-40 Ohm
- cable drive capability: up to 300m
- power supply (for full performance): for wireless systems, min. 5V-max. 50V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001
- BC/DAD6024/DAD4099, 48V phantom power +/-4 V for full performance
- connector: MicroDot
- color: black, beige, brown or white
- weight: 7.5 g incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- microphone diameter: 5.4 mm
- microphone length: 12.7 mm
- cable length: 1.8 m
- polarity: positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- temperature range: -40°C to 45°C
- relative humidity (RH): up to 90%