The capsule of the d:fine CORE 6066 Subminiature Headset is just 3 mm in diameter, but packs the audio power of larger, award-winning DPA mics. Despite its small size, it is abundant in clarity, consistency and durability – three qualities that truly matter. By shrinking the newly introduced CORE by DPA technology, you don’t have to compromise on sound to focus on aesthetics.
Beyond this minimised size and maximised sound potential, these mics also sport a completely redesigned, lightweight, one-size-fits-all headset that attaches over the ears for maximum comfort. 3-point ear grips with spring mechanisms help grip below the ears and to the side of the head for added security. A 2-way adjustable boom system (length and height) with an anti-rotate mechanism makes this new headset very easy to fit. A new 90 degrees cable management system safeguards the cable and directs it down the wearer’s back, where it can’t be seen.
CORE by DPA is a powerful new technology at the heart of our miniature microphones. Distortion has been minimised . From a whisper to a scream, you will experience increased clarity and openness. Prior to CORE, the d:fine 4066 Series contained the most clear, consistent and robust headset mics you could find on the market. These mics are known for working across a wide dynamic range as well as exhibiting low distortion across all SPLs. The amazing CORE technology has been shrunk down to fit into the 3 mm subminiature mics. This means that, despite their small size, the performance of the d:fine 6066 CORE Headset Series is comparable to the 5 mm miniature capsules that are beloved around the globe.
These subminiatures have a lower noise floor than any other 3 mm capsule on the market and they are better able to capture high sound pressure levels without distortion as well. In terms of technical specifications, the d:fine 6066 has a noise floor of only 26 dB(A), which is fully comparable to the 5 mm DPA miniature capsule.
The new one-size-fits-all headset is the most advanced construction on the market. It ensures comfort, even during long-term wear, but does so without sacrificing security. Its form grips gently and snuggly around the head and is easily adjustable. The spring mechanisms that grip around the ears are gentle, yet firm enough for you to feel secure during your performance. The headset can also be customized on site to suit individual performers for perfect fit.
The headset frame is made of stainless steel and treated with a physical vapor deposition (PVD) coating that makes it extremely durable. It is able to tolerate high temperatures and is resilient against impact and abrasion. The frame is one-size fits all with a simple adjustment mechanism for quick and easy resizing. Anatomically correct, it fits snuggly and comfortably around the head thanks to its unique shape. The entire mic has a pleasant matte look due to the coating, making the entire headset look small and less obtrusive than other headset solutions. Furthermore, it adds nothing to the size of the microphone, as the PVD is extremely durable but at the same time extremely thin.
The boom is 130 mm long but can easily be adjusted so that it sits perfectly at the corner of the performer’s smile (the optimal placement of a headworn mic). Not only can the boom be extended/shortened, it can be pivoted up and down at a fixed point below the ear (no more bending the boom). An anti-rotating mechanism designed into the boom shape, prevents it from rotating. A sliding lock system ensures that the boom is locked into the desired position. The entire boom can be detached at a point below the ear and moved from the right to left side of the frame. We have also added a service connector at the end of the boom pole so that the boom and cable can be replaced independently if needed. The service connector is well-protected by a plastic cover that slides over the gold-plated connectors.
- amazing 3 mm CORE by DPA capsules technology
- renowned DPA sound in a 60% smaller capsule
- one-size-fits-all, headset fits securely and comfortably
- 2-way adjustable, non-reflective boom with locking system
- unique, comfortable 3-point gripping system above, below and behind the ear
- new 90 degrees cable management constructed to guide the cable and minimize cable breaks
- water-repellant nano-coating of the cover and housing
- hermetic sealing of the sensitive amplifier at the core of the mic
- dual gold plating of the diaphragm
- directional pattern: omnidirectional
- principle of operation: pressure
- principle of operation: pre-polarized condenser
- frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz
- frequency range, +/-2dB: 40Hz-20kHz with 4dB soft boost at 8-20kHz
- sensitivity, nominal, +/-3dB at 1kHz: 6mV/Pa, -44dB re. 1V/Pa
- equivalent noise level, A-weighted: typ. 26dB(A) re. 20Pa (max. 28dB(A))
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1kHz at 1Pa (94dB SPL): typ. 68 dB(A)
- total harmonic distortion (THD): <1% up to 128dB SPL peak
- dynamic range: typ. 102dB
- max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144dB
- output impedance: from MicroDot: 30-40 Ohm. From DAD6001-BC, 100 Ohm
- cable drive capability: up to 300 m with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- power supply (for full performance): for wireless systems, min. 5V to max. 10V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC, 48V phantom power +/-4V for full performance
- connector: MicroDot
- color: black or beige
- weight: 11 g incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- microphone head size (h x w x d): 3.4/8.9 mm
- capsule diameter: 3 mm
- cable length: 1.3 m
- polarity: positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- temperature range: -40°C to 45°C
- relative humidity (RH): up to 90%