Diversity antenna distribution module DADM228-P is a custom design, which offers the solution to antenna and power distribution requirements for portable sound bag and sound trolley applications. Designed for where the weight and size matters without sacrificing on performance.
The DADM228-P is a 2x IN and 2×8 OUT active antenna distribution system with in-built band-pass filtering: the DADM228 eliminates multiple receiver antennas and provides a tidy sound bag solution with improved RF performance. The DADM228-P has a very high input signal handling capacity with very low noise figure and offers an outstanding inter-modulation performance when compared to other low power devices available.
The system box offers, +6dB to -10dB gain user adjustable in 1dB steps to suit individual applications. The user adjustable gain offers flexibility optimizing system RF gain budget to suit, Digital, Hybrid and Analogue receivers. There are two industry standard BNC input connectors for antenna inputs which enables use of standard low loss RF extension cables, and there 2×8 mini-RF SMA connectors feeding the diversity receivers.
In applications when remote antenna powering is needed, the DADM offers switchable MHA powering with RED LEDs indicating power ON/OFF status, the MHA powering can be turned ON/OFF through the OLED display menu. The antenna inputs compromise a very low loss very selective band-pass filter designs to reject unwanted frequencies below and above the tuning bandwidth.
The DADM is externally powered between 10-18Vdc, the dc input connector is an industry standard 4-pin Hirose, a green LED indicates power-on status of the system box and the OLED display continuously displays dc input voltage. The DC distribution is with 6xHirose dc output connectors for powering auxiliary equipment in any sound bag. Each dc output port can be individually turned ON/OFF through the OLED menu.
Audio Wireless Diversity Antenna and dc power distribution systems are now first choice among freelance sound engineers, hiring companies as well as major broadcasters for all wireless microphone applications.
- one pair of antenna feeds up to eight diversity receivers
- built-in band-pass filtering and signal splitters
- user adjustable gain
- remote antenna powering
- 6 x Hirose dc outputs
- industry standard connectors
- intuitive OLED display menu and LED indicators
- single power source solution
- master ON-OFF switch
- continuous system volts monitoring
- soft ON/OFF switch for each individual remote antenna powering
- soft ON/OFF switch for each Hirose dc output
- CNC machined aluminum custom design, lightweight and rugged fits neatly in any sound bag and sound cart
RF DISTRIBUTION SECTION:
- frequency range: 470 to 1164 MHz (in bands)
- input impedance: 50 Ohm
- output impedance: 50 Ohm
- gain (each output): +6 dB to -10dB, user adjustable
- current consumption: 135mA
- bandwidth: pre-programmed band, specify at order
- OIP3: greater than +41dBm
- port to port isolation: greater than 20dB (min.)
- noise figure: lesser than 3 dB
- RF inputs: 2 x 50 Ohm standard BNC sockets
- RF/DC outputs to receivers: 2 x 4 x 50 Ohm mini UHF SMA sockets
- main ON/OFF switch: master switch
- DC power OUT: 6 x 4-pin Hirose sockets individually fused and protected against reverse polarity, standard pin-outs, pin1(-ve) and pin4(+ve)
- external power: 10 up to 18V dc
- remote antenna powering: switchable dc T-bias powering, 12Vdc @ 200mA max, regulated for active antenna powering, short circuit protected
- Hirose dc output: unregulated incoming volts, switched, individually fused and protected against reverse polarity
- dimensions (W x H x D in mm): 192 x 42 x 64
- weight: 465g