The SHARKIE is a new compact, wideband UHF, active receiver antenna with Log Periodic Dipole Array (LPDA) structure and cardioid directivity. It’s extremely low noise amplifier with easy gain setting is ideal for variable coaxial cable length attenuation/compensation in the field. Rock solid mechanical construction guarantees careless functionality both on indoor and outdoor locations.
An inbuilt ultra low noise amplifier allows antena usage in the situations with variable coaxial cable lengths from antena to receiver. Higher attenuation of longer cables can be easily compensated by increasing gain, while in the situations with very short cables, zero or even negative gain assures not to overshoot the dynamic input range of the receiver. The amplifier can be easily adjusted to any value betwen -9 and +18dB in 1dB steps.
What is unique about the SHARKIE is it’s excellent RF parameters. It’s voltage-to-standing wave ratio of less than 1.2 ensures great signal reception. A very high third-order intercept point IP3 of >34dBm providing great linearity and finally, an industry leading ultra-low-noise amplifier-IC with a noise figure of 0.75dB.
The SHARKIE’s high efficiency input filters help to prevent receiver intermodulation with other in-band sources outside of the main working range of wireless systems like walkie talkies, FM-radios, wireless focus systems, WiFi and bluetooth devices, mobile phones, etc. The performace of your wireless system will be better with less dropouts.
The preset value of the onboard amplifier gain is displayed on the inbuilt seven-segment LED display upon power-on and, if required, it can keep displaying for permanent readouts. Furthermore the display has a automatic brightness setting feature, which adjusts its brightness according to actual ambient light conditions, avoiding those situations of a shiny display in dark places or an unreadeable display in direct sun light. This automatic brightness feature can be disabled or the display can be completely turned off while the amplifier keeps working. In this mode any button press will temporally power on the display changing the settings whenever required or just for preset gain readout.
The lightened antenna structure is made of glass-reinforced epoxy laminate, which also covers all possibly fragile elements and ensures great durability in everyday use. The amplifier is located in a CNC-milled aluminium alloy housing and is sealed for great water resistance.
The SHARKIE can be powered externally through coaxial cable from power source of 5 – 20VDC. Professional hardware design with best-in-class integrated circuits design results in extremely low power consumption which will be a big plus for your shooting rig performance.
- Frequency range: 470MHz to 850MHz
- Input filter attenuation (bandpass): high below 450MHz (for example -82dB @ 100MHz), high above 870MHz (for example -35dB @ 2.4 GHz)
- Antenna gain: 8dB avarage gain (peak 9 dB)
- Antenna directivity: cardioid
- Antenna polarization: linear
- Amplifier gain: -9 to 18dB
- Amplifier IC noise: < 0.75 dB
- Antenna VSWR: < 1.2 (a max. 0.8% of received signal power is reflected)
- Amplifier IP3: > 34 dBm
- Display: bright blue LED with automatic or manual brightness settings and stand-by mode
- Powering: external powering 5 20VDC
- Current consumption: 35mA
- Mechanic construction: CNC-milled, anodized aluminium alloy and glass-reinforced epoxy laminate
- Mounting: 1/4″ and 3/8″ threads
- Dimensions (h x w x d): 275 x 350 x 21 mm
- Weight: approx. 320 g