The LPDA-A-WB may be used in an active or passive mode to suit individual applications:
- active mode with fixed bandwidth in the 470-700 MHz range with user adjustable gain of 18dB
- passive mode (when there is no dc present) can be used as a high gain
- passive antenna to receive or to transmit with the in-built filtering 470-700 MHz, passive gain boasting 5dB.
This unique design has an exceptionally low loss and a very selective band-pass filter with fixed bandwidth between 470-700 MHz. The booster section uses a digitally adjustable RF-Attenuator before the low noise RF Amplifier against RF overload and the Booster Gain adjust is after the RF amplification, both digitally adjustable RF-Attenuators are independently user adjustable in 1dB steps. The RF amplifier is an extremely high dynamic range and low noise RF amplifier offering a linear gain within the tuning range.
The LPDA-A-WB offers flexibility as well as additional front-end protection against interfering dirty RF, the booster offers 18dB user adjustable gain to compensate long antenna extension cable losses hence increased distance between the transmitter and the receiver, LPDA-A-WB finds its application in film making, documentaries, fixed installations as in studios, and theatres. Compatible with any UHF wireless receiving systems (digital or analogue) providing a directional coverage pattern.
The antennae are constructed using advanced multi-layer PCB design technique with copper-clad epoxy fiberglass to withstand heavy duty use in harsh environments, providing long life and consistent performance under difficult operating conditions. The booster box is a custom-design machined aluminum, black anodized with water resistant O-ring mounting. Mounting is made easy with integrated thread that directly mounts on to a tripod or with the supplied adaptor it can be mounted directly on to a microphone stand. Powering is through coaxial cable, power source of 10-18Vdc.
- active LPDA with 18dB gain
- use as an active, passive receive or transmit
- no dcpassive mode with in-built band-pass filtering
- extremely high dynamic range RF amplifier
- input high selective band pass filter 470-700 MHz
- independently user adjustable input attenuator
- independently user adjustable booster gain
- intuitive OLED display menu
- powered through coax cable
- integrated mount adaptor
- CNC machined custom design
- frequency range: 470 to 700 MHz with in-built band pass filter
- booster gain: +18dB (user adjustable in 1.0dB steps to unity)
- input attenuator range: -20dB (user adjustable in 1.0dB steps to unity)
- selectivity: -38dB @ 420 MHz and -30dB @ 750 MHz min.
- OIP3: greater than +41dBm
PASSIVE MODE (NO DC):
- frequency range: 470 to 702 MHz with in-built band pass filter
- passive gain: +5dB with in-built band pass filter 470-702 MHz
- RF output: 50 Ohm standard BNC-F
- mounting options: 3/8″ 16 standard tripod mount
- 5/8″ 27 adapter supplied
- external power: 10-18Vdc, through coaxial cable (reverse power and short circuit protected)
- current consumption@12Vdc: 75mA approx. 10mA
- dimensions: 270 x 290 x 90
- weight: 490g