The BETSO WTCS-1 wireless time code slate is carefully designed to meet rising demands on displayed information capability, overall product durability and lightweight and plug and play functionality. It is WiFi ready for cooperation with iOS MovieSlate application and has our latest RF transceiver module for wireless transmission of time code and status information. And of course a lot of more cool features to make your work easier.
RF transmission: our whole new concept of wireless transmission of time code and status information is ideal for simple on stage workflow control. Each device connected to the network will be continuously jammed from transmitter and on each device you can observe status information of all other devices in the network. The operating range is up to 500m within the line of sight. The RF protocol incorporates frequency hopping spread spectrum technology approach which ensures robust functionality even in the environment with high RF noise. When the unit set as receiver is out of the RF range, it keeps generating synced timecode.
All time code and word clock formats: the WTCS-1 can receive, precisely jam or start to generate new time codes of all existing SMPTE time code formats. Also, all commonly used word clock formats are supported, including their pull-up and pull-down options.
1 super-bright graphical LED display with anti-glare surface: ambient light independent time code readouts are guaranteed thanks to a large, 1-inch high, super-bright graphical LED display with a special anti-glare surface that avoids sun reflection. Its brightness can be easily adjusted in ten modes to meet actual light conditions or can be set automatically in relation to actual ambient light conditions thanks to integrated sensor.
Solid and precise mechanical construction with reduced weight and decent dimensions: during the development phase, special focus was kept on the infield daily use. Therefore the main body is made from very stiff anodized aluminium alloy using CNC milling and laser cutting technologies. This was the only way to get a very robust, but still as small and as lightweight a device as possible. The highest in quality demands were also put on the details, which led to ball bearing and stiff wood utilization in the arms of the slate and high quality writing sheets.
- Display: graphical 1 high, white LED display with adjustable brightness
- Dimensions (h x w x d): 230 x 185 x 24 in mm
- Weight (w/o batteries): approx. 760g
- Mechanical construction: CNC milled, anodized aluminium alloy and stiff wood
- Powering: 6x AA battery (alkaline or lithium) / 6x accu (NiMH, NiCd)
- External powering: 6 to 16VDC
- Current consumption: approx. 30 to 1000mA, approx. 4mA in stand-by mode (arms of the slate closed)
- Battery life: up to 100 hours
- SMPTE TC formats: 23,976fps to 30fps including DF and NDF (also 2x multiples: 23.976fps to 60fps supported)
- Input TC sensitivity: 0.2 to 10V (p-p)
- Frequency range (USA/Canada): 902 to 928MHz
- Frequency range (Europe): 863 to 870MHz
- Frequency range (Japan): 920.6 to 923.4MHz
- Number of channels: 5
- RF output power: 10mW (10dBm)
- Operating range: up to 500m