Meet the half-rack receiver with an entire rack’s worth of features. The next-generation A20-Nexus is expandable from 8 channels up to 16 channels with software licenses and features forward-thinking technologies like SpectraBand, the powerful NexLink remote-control link, real time spectrum analysis, and more. With multiple options for audio outputs, powering, and remote control, the A20-Nexus can seamlessly adapt to your workflow, both now and in the future.
SpectraBand technology delivers a tuning range of 470 to 1525 MHz in a single unit, an industry first. Experience ultimate flexibility as you find open spectrum away from the crowded UHF TV band. The included A20-Monarch antennas can receive the entire 470-1525 MHz range, keeping your kit small and tidy.
Control your A20-Mini transmitter using the built-in long range remote control link. NexLink’s advanced long distance modulation reaches even farther than the A20-Mini’s long-range audio transmission.
You’ve got options. Configure your A20-Nexus for Dante audio, use the built-in web server to control the receiver using the web browser on any computer, tablet, or phone, and even power the A20-Nexus remotely using Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
REAL TIME SPECTRUM ANALYSIS:
The days of waiting for a frequency scan to complete are over. Instantly visualize the fluctuating RF spectrum around you in real time, while running all channels of the audio.
With the A20-Mini’s GainForward Architecture, easily set the Mini’s gain, low-cut, and limiter directly on your A20-Nexus or mixer-recorder. This immediate, local control of gain means never having to adjust the gain on the transmitter again.
Thanks to its half-rack size, the A20-Nexus is equally at home in a rack, in a bag, or docked to an 8-Series mixer recorder for a cableless kit.
The A20-Nexus and A20-Mini deliver the longest transmission distance of any system on the market. The state-of-the-art, 100% digital long-range modulation offers the same great audio quality (10 Hz to 20 kHz) as our Standard modulation scheme with a longer range for both line-of-sight and heavy multipath transmission.
SHOOT FOR THE STARS:
The A20-Nexus joins the growing lineup of Sound Devices Astral wireless products. With industry-leading features like SpectraBand, GainForward, NexLink, long range modulation, real time spectrum analysis, and more, the Astral Series pushes the bounds of wireless audio.
- 8-channel ultra-high-performance, true-diversity receivers in a ½ rack size
- expandable to 12or 16-channels via software license (coming soon)
- 470 MHz to 1525 MHz tuning range via SpectraBand Technology
- NexLink: integrated, long distance remote control of all wireless transmitters
- Dante audio-over-IP of RF receiver audio
- flexible powering: via PoE+, DC input, 8-Series, or AC mains (with optional adapter)
- web app control from browser on any computer, smartphone or tablet
- full remote operation capability: power via PoE, audio via Dante, control via web app
- dual DB-25 connectors for 16 channels of mic, line, or AES outputs
- 16 channels of Dante audio-over-IP output to DB25 connectors on the back panel
- wide, 6.2” color OLED array with touch for control and monitoring
- integrated real time spectrum analyzer (RTSA) and scanning for intuitive frequency coordination
- optical fiber network option via SFP slot. SFP accepts a wide variety of modular network transceivers
- A20-QuickDock allows docking and undocking in seconds from 8-series mixer-recorders with no tools
- supports GainForward architecture: no gain setting on the A20-Mini transmitter. Adjust gain at the receiver or mixer
- 100% digital long-range modulation delivers the longest transmission distance of any system on the market
- excellent audio quality, full 10 Hz to 20 kHz audio bandwidth
- RF SAW filters for excellent rejection of interference from nearby IFB or camera hop transmitters
- BNC timecode input for auto timecode sync of transmitters over NexLink
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- 2x A20-Monarch omni-directional SpectraBand antennas
- 2x articulating arm with clamp and 1/4”-20 thread mount
- 2x 75cm BNC/BNC cable
- 2x 2.4GHz SMA tilting antenna
- 2x NexLink side mounting brackets with SMA to SMA cable
- 470 to 1525 MHz tuning (1055 MHz switching bandwidth), 25 kHz steps
- SpectraBand Technology for maximum rejection of out-of-band signals
- available frequencies depend on country of operation
- proprietary, 100% digital RF modulation
- standard or long range, selectable per channel
- spurious rejection: >100 dB typical
- cascade antenna output: 50 ohm, wideband power split (pre-LNA), 3 dB insertion loss from front BNC through rear BNC (it is recommended to use an external powered antenna to overcome the 3 dB splitting loss in the Nexus so that the receivers maintain excellent range)
- RF Bias output: 12V, 200 mA each BNC
- Smart antenna support, Wisycom-compatible
- latency standard modulation = 2 ms, analog or digital outputs
- latency long range modulation = 3.9 ms, analog or digital outputs
- audio frequency response: 10 Hz-20 kHz, +/1 dB relative to 1 kHz
- dynamic range: > 130 dB with A20-Mini as transmitter
- output level: line +20 dBu for 0 dBFS, mic -20 dBu for 0 dBFS
- digital audio output: AES3 balanced connection, 110 ohm output impedance
- DC Input: dual, redundant
- PoE+: 802.3at, 30W needed (standard 15W PoE 802.3af will not work)
- 8-Series (through unit-to-unit connector when docked)
- AC mains adapter (sold separately)
- DC input, 10 to 18V in, 2A min
- 11 W idle, default configuration
- extra power passed through for USB power, active antenna power, and DC output power
- USB-A: 5V, 500 mA output, supports keyboards, thumb drives, A20-Mini transmitters and USB hubs
- operating temperature range: -10 °C to +55 °C
- dimensions (H x W x D): 4.0 x 20.3 x 16.7 cm
- weight: 1.27 kg (unpackaged)