Wireless IFB (interruptible fold back) systems are used for talent cueing and crew communications in broadcast and motion picture production. In other cases, the IFB system is used by directors and other management to monitor program audio during a production. The IFBR1C receiver provides simplicity and flexibility in a package that is intuitive for untrained users to operate. In spite of its tiny size, the new IFBR1C receiver offers excellent performance.
The design uses +/-20 kHz FM deviation for efficient use of the bandwidth, with a compandor noise reduction circuitry for an excellent signal to noise ratio. A ultrasonic Pilot Tone signal controls the audio output squelch to keep the receiver silent when no transmitter signal is being received. The incoming RF signal is filtered and amplified, then mixed down to the IF frequency with a microprocessor controlled synthesizer.
If a monaural earpiece is connected, this condition is automatically accommodated, with no loss of audio output power or battery life. Full audio output power is available with either type of connector, without the power losses that result from a resistive circuit design. The headphone cable doubles as the receiving antenna.
The receiver will drive a wide variety of earbuds, headphones, and induction neck loops at substantial levels, with loads from 16 Ohms to 600 Ohms.
The receiver operates on AA batteries that will provide more than 12 hours of operation. The LED indicator changes color from green to red as the battery voltage declines to provide plenty of warning before operation ceases. Inside the battery door is a USB port for firmware updates in the field.
The IFBR1C is housed in a durable, injection molded package. An attached beltclip is included and provides a secure mounting on a wide variety of belts, pockets and fabrics.
- compatible with Lectrosonics IFB transmitters including Hybrid transmitters in IFB mode
- stores up to 10 frequency presets in memory
- LCD interface for programming and operation
- high sensitivity for extended operating range indoors or outdoors
- USB port for firmware updates
- compact, rugged injection molded ABS housing
- attached battery door
- 2 AA batteries, alkaline, lithium, or NiMH rechargeables (supplied)
- frequency selection steps: 25 kHz, VHF 125 kHz
- sensitivity: 1 µv (20 dB SINAD)
- signal/noise ratio: 95 dB A-weighted
- squelch quieting: 90 dB
- AM rejection: 50 dB, 10 µV to 100 mV
- modulation acceptance: ±20 kHz
- spurious rejection: greater than 70 dB
- operating temperature range: -20 to 50 degrees C
- third order intercept: 0 dBm
- frequency response: 100 Hz to 10 kHz, (+/-1 dB)
- audio output: 1V RMS into 50 ohms minimum
- antenna: headphone cable
- min. headphone impedance: 16 Ohms
- programmable memory: 10 frequencies can be stored as presets
- indicators: multi-color LED indicator for power on and battery status
- battery: two AA batteries (+1.5 VDC each)
- battery life: 10 hours (Alkaline) 12 hours (NiMh), 20 hours (Lithium)
- current consumption: 120 mA
- weight: 130g with batteries
- size (W x H x D in mm): 108 x 70.0 x 28.5