Easy to use: made from black anodized aluminum with a smooth finish, the Avalon aluminum poles extend and collapse with ease. The locking system is identical to that of the K-Tek graphite poles allowing for a gentle twist of the collar for loosening and tightening. Each model has a variety of cabling options, including uncabled and coil cable with a bottom exit XLR. Longer models have a side exit. An XLR and stereo (5-pin) coil cable is also available if needed. The base is made of Delrin and is fixed to the bottom of the pole.
Economical: the Avalon aluminum poles are about half the price of a graphite pole. The collar system, cable and materials are the same, but the tubing is less expensive. Great price/quality.
- designed to meet the needs of ENG and DV camera crews
- crafted in cost-effective aluminum tubing
- high-reliability collars and unique “captive collet” coupling system
- telescoping sections lock in place securely and easily
- all boom poles can be fitted with a coiled cable, mono or stereo