With its supercardioid polar plot, the 4097 CORE Micro Shotgun Mic offers a highly-directional pick-up pattern as well as low self noise and high sensitivity. The mic is capable of handling high SPLs, which allows it to deliver undistorted natural sound, even when users speak loudly or yell. With a linear response, low distortion and an extremely large dynamic range, it sounds great no matter how challenging the environment. In addition, dialog and background noise off to the side (off-axis) of the microphone preserves the audio quality, it just drops in level.
The 4097 CORE Micro Shotgun Mic is a lightweight, easy-to-use, multi-purpose problem solver for a range of broadcasting situations – including interviewing as well as voice over work. This mic makes it easy to deliver great sound in challenging situations. It shines in outdoor locations, handling inclement weather and limiting intrusive background noises. It’s a professional solution for professional broadcasters.
Due to the highly-directional pick-up pattern, it is easy to focus on what the interviewee is saying. While the speaker’s voice is captured clearly in front of the mic, background noises are captured at a lower level (off axis), making the entire interview clear and pleasant to listen to. In addition, the mic has low self-noise, high sensitivity and is capable of handling high SPLs. Even if the interviewee yells, the sound will still be natural and undistorted.
With a linear response, low distortion and a large dynamic range, this mic captures amazing sound no matter how challenging the environment. In fact, the 4097 CORE Micro Shotgun Mic is outfitted to be used in difficult broadcast locations. The built-in shock mount is handy when distance interviewing.
- small footprint, lightweight
- enhances speech intelligibility
- built-in shock mount
- resistant to moisture, extreme temperatures and humidity
- extensions and range of mounting options available (4099 series of clips)
- specific interview kit for broadcast
- directional pattern: supercardioid
- frequency response: 20 Hz 20 kHz
- effective frequency range +/2 dB, at 20 cm: 80 Hz 15 kHz with 2 dB soft boost at 10-12 kHz
- sensitivity, nominal, +/-3 dB at 1 kHz: 16 mV/Pa, -36 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- equivalent noise level, A-weighted: typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max 26 dB(A))
- distortion, THD < 1%: up to 133 dB SPL peak
- dynamic range: typ. 110 dB
- max. SPL, THD 10%: 135 dB SPL peak
- connector: MicroDot
- color: black
- weight: 10 g
- microphone length: 10.4 cm